Quartz is naturally occurring mineral mainly comprising oxygen and silicon atoms in a continuous framework of SiO4 and it is the second most abundant mineral in earth’s crust after feldspar. However, despite of its easy availability, it is not directly used for construction. Instead, a refined and man-made version of quartz, known as engineered quartz is extensively used for construction and architectural designing purposes. It is basically a mix of 90-94% ground quartz and 6-10% resins and pigments that are firmly combined to form a nonporous and highly durable tile or slab.
In case you are bored of conventional, natural stone countertops; you can make a switch to some artificial materials like laminate, engineered quartz and polished concrete. Among these, engineered quartz countertops are considered the best in terms of durability as well as eye-catching looks. Read further to know 5 prominent facts about this wonderful countertop material.
1. Can be Manufactured at Any Place: Since it is a man-made material and quartz (the second most abundant material in the Earth’s crust) being its major component, it can be easily manufactured in any part of the world. Nevertheless, its price and quality may vary from country to country; and in different designs, textures and styles and sizes, it is available at very competitive prices with leading suppliers and exporters of engineered quartz from India, such as Regatta Tiles.
2. One of the Most Eco-Friendly Countertop Materials: Engineered quartz is an environmental-friendly countertop material, since it is produced by recycling waste products of stone-based materials that are mixed with a polymer. Additionally, its manufacturing consumes less energy.
3. More Applications than Your Imagination: Quartz can be easily seen as floor covering in large commercial/public complexes like airports, metro stations, malls and courthouses. At these places, it is usually mistaken as marble or any other natural stone, because of its similar looks. Since it is regarded as one of the most economical option for large-scale constructions, it is a preferred choice among builders and designers for creating beautiful and durable surfaces even with budget constraints.
4. Antimicrobial Properties: It is a unique material that needs know special treatment to prevent microbial growth. In fact it discourages microbial growth and can be used as kitchen countertops and vanity tops.
5. Hassle-Free Customization: Unlike many natural stones that are tough to connect from edges and corners, engineered quartz can be easily produced in desired shapes, designs and sizes.
The above discussed facts actually describe advantages and signify the versatility of engineered quartz. Be it interior or exterior floors, kitchen countertops or even wall covering, engineered quartz performs very well in almost every space, both in terms of functionality and aesthetics.